Frequently Asked QuestionsFor Students of Secondary Schools
- What exactly is required as an entry for the Secondary Schools part of the competition?
- May I change the words of the refrain?
- May I change the melody?
- Shall I follow the style of the given stanza example?
- How must the entry be submitted?
- Is it necessary to accompany the text of the stanza with an audio or video file presenting the singing of the song?
- Where I can find the contact address of my National Representative?
- What if my Country has no National Representative?
- How will the entries from Countries without National Representative be evaluated?
- Are multiple entries from each school/class allowed?
- Which is the contact e-mail address for the competition in case I have more questions?
The entry is one stanza consisted of 4 lines (verses) based on the given melody and the given refrain. Please visit the contest site http://sound2020.org/society/student-competition/ to download these files.
No the words of the refrain are given.
No, the melody is given. You should create your stanza to fit the melody and the refrain.
No that is not necessary. The example of a stanza is given just for guidance.
The stanza should be written and submitted on the application form which is downloadable from the Competition section of the IYS 2020 website. It should be submitted to the National Representative of your country by the given deadline. If there is no National Representative listed for you country then see the answer to FAQ 8 below
No, the winners of the competition will be notified and then asked to send an audio/video file in September for inclusion in the final product of the competition. However, if participants do wish to send their own audios/videos they are welcome to do so. Please see regulations (section j)
The National Representatives and their e-mail addresses can be found in the site (http://sound2020.org/about/orgcomm/#coordinating)
Then you should submit your entry to the Contest Coordinator at email@example.com
Up to three finalists for each Continental area among these entries will be selected by the Steering Committee for the final evaluation.
Yes, each individual or group of students can send an entry to the contest, irrespective of other entries from same school/class.
- For any issue related to the competition rules, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For any issue related to the national competition, please contact your National Representative to be found at http://sound2020.org/about/orgcomm/#coordinating.
- If your country has no National Representative, please contact email@example.com.